Christmas to go 😀 Inspired by Julee’s design on the Mojo Monday Challenge # 475, I created this card simply by using my paper trimmer. Then I placed a vellum piece to the underside. Bronze heat embossed a Christmas tree ornament and a Christmas sentiment. Wrapped the bronze thread where the banner is and simply added clear and bronze sequins to finish.
Hope you enjoy, thanks for stopping by, HUGz Joanna
Had great time in making this card for 3 challenges:
“Less is More” Challenge #303 Vintage theme
Happy Little Stampers; Anything goes with Dies
CASE(E) this Sketch! #199
I die cut 3 berry branches in water colour paper and started water-colouring them with Derwent Metallic Pencils in bronze, green & red. I heat embossed the stems in antique gold and Clear Rock Candy glitter was added to all the berries to imitate our early frost. I also die cut the word NOËL, from Penny Black, and heat embossed it. The pieces were all adhered on water colour paper as displayed on the sketch. I really had to embellish the word die to make it POP 😉 so I added Glossy Accents and sprinkled antique gold glitter…it worked!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy card making, HUGz Joanna
This is a mid-November reminder so there’s plenty of time to play at CAS MIX UP.
Another framed masking done by smooshing earth tone watercolours over American Crafts card-stock. While wet, I added a couple of grains of walnut stain crystals noted by the dark brown specs. Once dry, I pressed the Versamark pad over the smooshed area and then removed the mask. I sprinkled Ultra High Clear Gloss embossing powder and then proceeded to heat the granules under the card-stock until the granules started to melt on the surface to which I finished heating over this area. I wanted to give the illusion of a ceramic tile. (Note to self: when adding too much of this UH clear embossing powder, NOT everything will adhere to it, not even Glossy Accents 😛 ) On my second card, where I succeeded in getting the tile look on Bristol card stock, I couldn’t get my bouquet to stick. The “hello friend” label was adhered with Scotch 3m Double Sided Foam Tape, YAY! Not sure that it’s acid-free, but I doubt it’ll affect the UH embossing powder.
“hello friend” was stamped and clear embossed with versafine vintage sepia on vellum. This piece was placed under the framed section of the first card. Finally, I glued a die-cut duo of daisies to which a gold coloured bead string was attached and looped successfully 😉
Hope you can join the November fun at CAS MIX UP, can’t wait to see your creations in the gallery 😀
Thanks for stopping and for your thoughtful comments, HUGz
After a week off, nothing like a Mojo Monday (#474) morning to getting back into card making 😀
Using Julee’s wonderful sketch, I die-cut a square frame to create a garden scene. An ink blended background and grey stamped flower setting to nest a white die-cut flower bunch from SSS. As for the other notions, a strip of white heat embossed vellum to welcome an ink blended butterfly die cut over a white fern die-cut. That’s my take for today 😉
Have a wonderful week, thanks so much for stopping by!
A one layer watercolour card 😉
I used Colour Q challenge #336 colours of Island Indigo, Really Rust, Bermuda Bay and Hello Honey to paint the array of flowers. Masking off the focal point to reproduce Freshly Made Sketches #261 design, the outer edges were stamped, in Versamark, with a horizontal bar of stripes and oriental text or logograms, the CAS Watercolour November Text Challenge. This contour was heat embossed in Antique White embossing powder. A wash of Island Indigo was applied to frame the bouquet and a shadow edge on two sides was drawn with a mix of the 4 colours (creating a dark grey).
Thanks for stopping by, HUGz Joanna
I am so honoured to be part of this dynamic Design Team from the CAS Mix Up Challenge blog. Every month a new technique is suggested and the Design Team has inspiring cards to get your mojo running. NOVEMBER is Stamping + Masking + picking something from the “Your Choice” list in the right side bar 😉
For this card I stamped the cycle in Versafine Onyx Black on Bristol paper and on a piece of post-it note. I fussy cut the second stamped cycle and placed it over my stamped Bristol paper. I cut a 5,5″ x 4,25″ piece of Avery Sticker Project Paper and die cut IT with a rounded rectangle die from MFT. The frame of this piece was placed over my Bristol Paper and I began smooshing water colours of yellow, blue and green. After drying, with the masking still in place, I grabbed a big postage stamp and stamped this in grey. I then removed the frame masking, left the cycle masking in place, and then place the rectangle die-cut mask over the smooshed area. Using a stencil, I added light molding paste to the contour. It was finished by adding a black tag and white embossed “have a great day”.
Here are some MASKING videos:
Hope this inspires you to join in on the fun. Stop by on November 15th to see more beautiful cards from the Design Team. Can’t wait to see yours 😀
Thanks for stopping by,