Welcome back to a new CAS Mix Up challenge. Susan is attacking Oxidized Metal. Head on back to the challenge to see all the inspiration from our guest Arlene, the talented design team, plus the videos!
Just like last month, I continued with the monogram theme. This one is for my eldest daughter’s BD. Following the video, I used watercolours straight out of the tube as a substitute. I applied two colours to the foil card stock, heated and then clear heat embossed. The old Cricut machine came out and an M was cut. These square frames from Penny Black were die cut 3 times and glued together (Loll uses them beautifully, hence, I purchased 😛 ). Before assembling the card I stamped Technique Tuesday’s Fanfare set and heat embossed in silver->silver pearl->white EP the card base. Some Spellbinder flowerettes were cut in silver Japanese paper and vellum. Liquid Pearls were added for embellishment.
Hope to see you in our gallery! Thanks so much for stopping by,
This month, at CAS Mix Up, Bonnie is challenging us in using foil! Take a look at the videos for tricks and tips, but also to see some beautiful inspiration from the design team and our special guest Michele!
It’s my daughter’s birthday at the end of the month and having seen many embellished large single letters on cards, I decided to give it a try with this technique. Into the Misti went the Penny Black Gentil Whisper Orchid and I began stamping using Daniel Smith watercolours onto 140 lb Fabriano paper. Then, using my OLDCricut, I cut out the letter “E”, to use as a stencil, applying Minc reactive Screen Ink to the card. Once dry, I passed the panel, with some gold foil into the laminator. I also watercoloured, stamped and then fussy cut the largest orchid to decorate the top of the E. Lastly, I used some liquid Pearls to embellish the bloom.
I hope we’ll get to see some of your scrumptious creations in our GALLERY. Thanks so much for stopping by, HUGz,
On textured card stock, I sponged the aqua/cobalt ink through a stencil and added glossy gel medium before removing it. The Penny Black flutter dragonfly was die cut in vellum 3 times and adhered together. Sparkle/Glitz EP was added to the wings and Black EP to the body. “Merci” was heat embossed in fuchsia EP onto a vellum banner. Here’s a closer look 😀
I searched through my flower stamps and just couldn’t find the idea I had in my head for Judy’sFreshly Made Sketches #405 using the Color Throwdown #563 palette of Orange, Lavender, Purple, and Green. So I got the Daniel Smith watercolour tubes and I courageously created this hand drawn card on Fabriano 140lb cotton paper. I painted clear water to the shape of each petal and deposited the lavender and purple pigments. The green leaves were done in the same manner. Then I added the orange stamens with a fine brush and I was delighted to see this the end result. Hope you give this a try.
For this card I stamped a Stampendous Peacock Feather in smoky slate and glitz heat embossed. Then I added Rococo Rose & Mint Macaron with brush pens to feather the perimeter. Some Nuvo Clear Drops were added along with some glitter dust in the same tones before the drops dried. “Une pensée…” (A thought…) was also stamped and heat embossed to finish the card.
Welcome back to a new challenge at CAS Mix Up! This month Bonnie is attacking “FOILING“. It’s been popular for a while now and we’re giving it a try. We are also joined by our very talented special guest, Michele!
For this card my good friend Bonnie sent me the Alexandra Renke Magical Butterfly die cut. I added purple Brushos and spritz with liquid Pearls. Then, using a toner pen, I drew in the areas I wanted foiled. I passed the die cut into a laminator with purple DecoFoil. Using a Nellie Snellen multi-frames rectangle die I cut a panel and then dry embossed with the Alexandra Renke Magic Blossom die, three times. “POUR LE PLAISIR” (for the pleasure) was stamped on the smallest of the multi-frames and heat embossed in raspberry shimmer EP.
Hope you’ll join us in our gallery. There are lots of videos and designer team inspiration to be found on the blog. Thanks so much for stopping by, HUGz,
Some cobalt blue and aqua Brushos spritzed on a card base, along with a maple leaf aperture made with an IO die on white textured card stock. Some gray outlining on the leaf and the popped up rectangle edges. Finally, a Penny Black thanks die cut and black heat embossed. I added UTEE in the window of the leaf and cracked it.