Mojo #486

capture-decran-2017-02-27-a-10-36-29It’s a beautiful winter day here, getting close to spring 😉 so I took out my Penny Black Sun Fire die to make my MOJO Monday #486 card.  All die cuts are done with watercolour paper except for the circle of vellum.  The base was dry embossed with an MFT frame and then white heat embossed in the mid strip with a dots stamp.  The frames were watercolored and white heat embossed with a grid stamp and the flower was painted using the same Daniel Smith watercolours.  A pink twine wrapped the horizontal mid section before adhering all my pieces to the card.  Liquids pearls were applied for the stamens.

Hope you enjoy, thanks so much for stopping by!  HUGz Joannaimg_1518

Advertisements

Less is More #317

capture-decran-2017-02-25-a-15-05-16Lotsa of inspiration from the capture-decran-2017-02-25-a-15-04-59Less is More team for Challenge #317  sketch 19 🙂  I’ve had this shimmery goldish paper for a while now so I used it as my card base and flower die cut which I clear heat embossed.  I grabbed cheese cloth and wrapped gold thread a couple of times, then, I mounted a tiny frame from gold foil card stock.  I adhered the flower, added a gold rhinestone and stamped/gold heat embossed “Une pensée…”(a thought)!

Thanks for stopping by, HUGz Joannaimg_1517

Smile at life

capture-decran-2017-02-23-a-15-33-26

 

Leigh‘s sketch #210 from CAS(E) this Sketch inspired my card “Souris à la Vie” (Smile at Life).  The center white rectangle was latticed with a Memory Box Distressed Windham Collage die.  All other die cuts are watercolour paper pieces, painted and clear heat embossed.  That’s how the card came about.

Thanks for stopping by, Many HUGz Joannaimg_1512

Amy’s Sketch

capture-decran-2017-02-22-a-15-42-42My card was inspired by Amy‘s sketch #276 from Freshly Made Sketches.  Some Japanese paper fringed on the vertical sides and gold splattered was centred on a white card base.  3 Gingkoes were die cut in vellum, vanilla and white card stock and gold Liquitex ink brushed.  Then the word die “Bonne Fête” was also brushed with this same ink followed by a coat of Glossy Accents.  All four die cuts were tied together with gold thread (to which I applied the heat gun making it kinky 😉 )

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are truly encouraging …thank you!  BIG HUGz Joannaimg_1511

Souris

capture-decran-2017-02-20-a-09-07-27Tissue paper for my Mojo Monday Sketch challenge #485 😉  I cut a rectangle out of white tissue paper and spritzed each end with 2 different colours of Smooch Spritz.  The banner was laced with a Distressed Wyndham Collage die.  In watercolour paper, 2 hydrangea blossoms were brush tinted using the same spritz colours.  To assemble this card I folded the tissue paper and tore the bottom edges, added the banner and flowers, stamped “souris” (smile) and used an IO border die for the bow.  Nuvo drops were added to finish it off.  Have a great week, hope you enjoy 😀

Thanks for stamping by, HUGz Joannaimg_1469

Alphabet

capture-decran-2017-02-18-a-14-22-07This week’s theme at the “Less is More” Challenge #316 is the Alphabet 😀  …so I had to use alcohol inks on acetate, then stamp with letters in black Stazon ink.  I die cut 2 whimsical flowers and for the hearts of these blossoms I added a coat of Sparkly Fluff.  The card base was a piece of left over which had been stencilled with DecoArt Snow-Tex.  A leaf was die cut in white cardstock and shimmered with a coat of Wink of Stella.  A heart charm was used to complete the card, tied with white twine and knotted with two beads.  “Hello” was stamped on the heart!

Hope you enjoy, thanks for stopping by, HUGz Joannaimg_1503

Meilleux Voeux

Corrugated Cardboard CAS Mix-Up REMINDER, capture-decran-2017-01-07-a-20-45-54there’s still plenty of time to PLAY 😀

I used white corrugated card stock torn vertically and cut horizontally.  Then I slightly powdered with Brushos (Ost. blue and Yello Ochre), spritzed with water and watched the magic happen… I think I’m in love 😉

I used Concord and 9th Layering Leaves dies in white card stock.  The horizontal border die was wrapped with blue foil thread and blue beads to add more colour.  The left over blue foil thread was adhered behind the white leaves shimmered with a Wink of Stella pen.  A blue tag was white heat embossed with the stamp “Meilleur Voeux” (best wishes).  This was all popped up on a folded white 110b card stock.  Hope you get inspired to join us, can’t wait to see you in our awesome gallery.  The challenge is open up to the 24th of February.

Thanks for stopping by, hoping you get inspired, HUGs joanna-cmu-signatureimg_1390